Share |

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Debbie Purdy loses her assisted suicide case

Woman loses assisted suicide case


Debbie Purdy on the court ruling

A woman with multiple sclerosis has lost her Appeal Court case to clarify the law on assisted suicide.
Debbie Purdy, 45, from Bradford, is considering going to a Swiss clinic to end her life, but fears her husband may be charged on his return to the UK.
She wanted clarification of where her husband, Omar Puente would stand legally if he helped her in any way.
But Ms Purdy said after the ruling: "I feel that I have won my argument, despite having lost the appeal."

I'm not prepared for him to face the British justice system without me
Debbie Purdy
She was diagnosed with primary progressive MS in 1995 and is now losing strength in her upper body. She has been in a wheelchair since 2001. More

No comments: